Sara E. Diaz
Sara focuses exclusively on assisting individuals, businesses and farms with filing for protection under the bankruptcy code. Sara has filed over 800 cases in Chapter 7, 13, 11, and 12. She practices in both North Dakota and Minnesota State and Federal Courts. She takes pride in helping those that need a fresh start.
Sara is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) and the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI). She has been a panelist for the Minnesota CLE on the topic of Chapter 12 Farm Bankruptcies. Sara also served on the District of North Dakota Bankruptcy Court's Local Rules Committee in 2017-2018.
Sara resides in Hawley, MN with her husband and two children. She serves on the City of Hawley Planning Commission and the City of Hawley Park Board. An active member of St. Andrew's Catholic Church of Hawley, Sara volunteers as the Sunday School Christmas Program Director, a religious education teacher, children's ministry leader and assists with youth music ministry.
An avid baseball and football fan, Sara enjoys following the Minnesota Twins and Minnesota Vikings and plays fantasy football with friends and family. Her family enjoys fishing, camping and grilling.
- Bankruptcy 95%
- Debtor/Creditor 3%
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate 2%
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Juris Doctor - 05/2006
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks
- B.B.A. - 05/2003
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Golden Key Honor Society
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Information Systems
- North Dakota, 2006
- Minnesota, 2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), Member
Current Employment Position